For different views of public opinion on European integration, see:
- W.E. Saris, Public Opinion About the EU Can Easily Be Swayed in Different Directions, Acta Politica, Vol.32 (1997) pp. 406-435
- H. Dekker and R. Willemse, Elite-Mass Linkages and the European Community: Testing Consensus Explanatory Models, in: R.F. Farnen, H. Dekker, R. Meyenberg and D.B. German, Democracy, Socialization and Conflicting Loyalties in East and West; Cross-National and Comparative Perspectives, London: Macmillan, 1996, pp. 351-363.
Also see the publications on the European elections in the Netherlands, ad 5.2.
On the Dutch position with regard to European integration, see for example:
- K. Hanf and R.B. Soetendorp, The Netherlands: Growing Doubts of a Loyal Member. In: K. Hanf and R.B. Soetendorp (eds.), Adapting to European Integration: Small States and the European Union. London: Longman, 1997, pp. 37-51
- A.E. Pijpers and S. Vanhoonacker, The Position of the Benelux Countries. In: G. Edwards and A. Pijpers (eds.), The Politics of European Treaty Reform. London: Pinter (1997), pp. 119-141
- The Netherlands and Europe: the Intergovernmental Conference. The Hague: Ministery of Foreign Affairs, 1996
- J. Penders and M. Kwast, The Netherlands and Political Union, idem, pp. 253-270
- P. Dankert, Challenges and Priorities, in: A.E. Pijpers (ed.), The European Community at the Crossroads. Dordrecht: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1992, pp. 3-12.
The Dutch position on EU foreign affairs is discussed in:
- A. van Staden, The Netherlands. In: J. Howorth and A. Menon (eds.), The European Union and National Defence Policy. London/New York: Routledge,1997, pp. 87-105
- A.E. Pijpers, The Netherlands: the Weakening Pull of Atlanticism? In: Ch. Hill (ed.), The Actors in Europe’s Foreign Policy. London: Routledge, 1996, pp. 247-268
- A.E. Pijpers, National adaptation and the CFSP: the case of the Netherlands, Legal Issues of European Integration, No. 1 (1996), pp. 79-92.
On the coordination of the Dutch position in the EU policy making process, see:
- A. Schout, Internal Management of External Relations; the Europeanization of an Economic Affairs Ministry, Leiden: PhD thesis Leiden University, 1999
- J.M.M. van den Bos, Dutch EC Policy Making. A Model Guided Approach to Coordination and Negotiation. Utrecht: PhD thesis University of Utrecht, 1991.
The impact of EU membership in various policy fields is discussed in:
- A. de Kemp and C. Sips, Prospects for European Integration and Consequences for Social Security Policy in the Netherlands: a Qualitative Analysis, The Hague: Ministry of Social Affairs
- J. Kremers and R. Gradus, European Integration: Implications for Budgetary and Financial Policies in the Netherlands, in C.W. Eijffinger and J.L. Gerards, European Monetary Integration and the Financial Sector, Amsterdam: Nederlands Instituut voor het Bank- en Effectbedrijf, 1993, pp. 47-60
- P.B. Boorsma, Economic and Monetary Union and Public Financial Management: the Dutch „Public Financial Revolution”, Administration, Vol, 41 (1993), pp. 166-178
- M. Wolters and P. Coffey (eds.), The Netherlands and EC Membership Evaluated. London: Pinter, 1990.