On the direct elections to the European Parliament in the Netherlands, see for example:
- E. Oppenhuis, The Netherlands: Small Party Evolution, in: C. van der Eijk et al. (eds), Choosing Europe? The European Electorate in the Face of Union, Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1996, pp. 209-226
- G.A. Irwin, The European Parliament elections in the Netherlands, Electoral Studies, Vol. 13 (1994), pp. 357-358
- C. van der Eijk, and E. Oppenhuis, Turnout and second-order effects in the European elections of June 1989 – Evidence From the Netherlands, Acta Politica, Vol. 25 (1990), pp. 67-94
- C. van der Eijk, Dutch Voters and the European Elections of 1979 and 1984, in K.H. Reif (ed.), European Elections 1979/1981 and 1984, Berlin: Quorum Verlag, 1984, pp. 55-60
- W.J.P. Kok, I. Lipschits and Ph. Van Praag jr., The Netherlands, in: K.H. Reif (ed.), Ten European Elections: Campaigns and Results of the First Direct Elections to the European Parliament, Aldershot: Gower, 1984, pp. 153-165.