On public health policy in the Netherlands, see:
- G.H. Okma, Studies on Dutch Health Politics, Policies and Law. Utrecht: Ph.D. thesis University of Utrecht, 1997
- R.F. Schreuder, Health Scenario’s and Policy-Making: Lessons from the Netherlands, Futures, Vol. 27 (1995), pp. 953-959
- E. de Leeuw, Health Policy. An Exploratory Inquiry into the Development of Policy for the New Public Health in the Netherlands. Maastricht: Savannah /Datawyse, 1989.
Concerning the ethical aspects of public health, most attention from abroad is focused on the Dutch approach to euthanasia:
- J. van Holsteijn and M. Trappenburg, Citizens’ Opinions on New Forms of Euthanasia; a Report from the Netherlands, Patient Education and Counseling, Vol.35 (1998), pp. 63-73
- J. Griffiths, A. Bood and H. Weyers, Euthanasia and Law in the Netherlands. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 1998
- D.J. Hessing, J.R. Blad and R. Pieterman, Practical Reasons and Reasonable Practice: the Case of Euthanasia in the Netherlands,. Journal of Social Issues, Vol 52 (1996), pp. 149-169
- Euthanasia and Assisted Suicide in the Netherlands and in Europe: Methodology of the Ethical Debate, Luxembourg: Office for Official Publications of the European Communities, 1996.